Thursday, July 10, 2008

Long hike...

I'm trying to post once a week but I haven't taken interesting photos lately, just a hike that was too long with too little to show for it!

The Cle Elum-Roslyn-Ronald area had a long history of coal mining. You can hike an old railroad bed that was converted into a trail several years ago. It' s interesting due to family history- my maternal grandfather was an electrician in a coal mine. Longer story for another blog! Anyway, if you are in the Cle Elum/Roslyn area this is one way to kill two hours and end up with sore feet! Wear stiff hiking boots or shoes because there is plenty of mid-size gravel in places. My feet were beat up by wearing running shoes.

The 2nd picture here is some old piece of equipment. It's hard to see any evidence of the old mining operations. I'll have to explore more later....





No comments: